Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Here we go again..Natalie update 3/31

Everything went really smooth today. We dropped the girls off in Davenport at my parents' house before getting on the road. Katie was super excited and hardly said goodbye. Annabelle was a little clingy with me but fortunately we didn't have to leave with her crying. It was a rainy drive up to Milwaukee but we made it in good time. Natalie slept most of the way. We stopped off in an old cemetary and I fed her in th car. If it had been nicer weather and we'd had more time I would have loved to walk through it. I've always liked cemetaries. It took us just about 4 hours and we made it right on time.

The Children's Hospital seems very "user friendly." Free valet parking and someone met us to take us to our appointment. Natalie had an ultrasound of her kidneys and then we met with Dr. Mitchell who will be doing the surgery tomorrow. Everything seems to be in order. Her surgery start time is 9:00. We have to be to the hospital at 7:30. She can't nurse after 3:00 a.m. but they gave me some pedialite I can give her until 6:00 a.m. and then it's nothing after that. I'm hoping she'll do okay with all that. I hate for her to be hungry and not be able to feed her. She's been sleeping really well at night but I'm planning on waking her up to feed her one last time at 3:00. We are staying at a nearby hotel but we're on the waiting list for the Ronald McDonald house.


We actually had a pretty fun evening. There's a mall right across the street from the hotel. We got dinner in the Food Court and then walked around.


Natalie is just hanging out watching TV and resting up for her big day tomorrow. We'll post tomorrow when we have an update on her surgery.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that your day went smoothly. I hope tomorrow brings as much ease. These kinds of things are always easier to handle when there are kind people helping and when things run smoothly. We are remembering all of you and the team that will be working with Natalie in our prayers. Loves and kisses good night!

Becky said...

Thanks for the update, I was hoping to hear how today went. I don't know if I've mentioned enough how PRETTY Natalie is--I just love looking at her pictures! Best wishes tomorrow--you know that you are in our prayers (and I called the Provo Temple today to put Natalie's name on the prayer roll). We love you!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I hope she got to watch something good on tv! Glad you are there and getting started, do keep us posted. Nice service at the hospital, very nice.