We've been in the waiting room for 8 hours and we just got finished talking to the surgeon. They are putting the cast on now and we will be able to see Natalie shortly.
The surgeon told us that Natalie's bladder is very small and had gotten quite irritated from being exposed. At first he wasn't sure it would close but eventually he was able to get a good closure. He is optimistic but said the next few days will tell if the closure is going to hold. I know many of you have been praying for Natalie and hope you will continue to keep her in your prayers particularly these next few days.
Everything went very smoothly this morning. Natalie fell asleep at 10:00 last night. I woke her up at 3:00 to feed her one last time. She went back to sleep no problem and then started to stir sometime after 6:00. I thought she'd be immediately ready to eat but she woke up and just kind of hung out while we got ready to head to the hospital. We got here at 7:30 and after getting checked in she fell alseep in my arms and slept until we handed her off to go to the OR at 9:30. I am soooo grateful! I was pretty nervous about that part because I didn't want her to be crying and hungry. I feel like she was blessed by so many people praying on her behalf.
I had butterflies all morning as we waited for things to get going and we shed a few tears when they took her away. In addition to hoping everything would go well with the surgery, I knew this was the last time we'd really be able to snuggle her for several weeks since she'll come out in a cast. Overall though, we are both much more calm and composed this time around.
I can't really tell you how we passed the day...the hours just seemed to slip away. We read every magazine in the room. Talked. Waited for updates from the OR. They called out every couple hours to tell us how it was going. We did slip out to grab a bite to eat.
It's been weird to spend a day without any of our girls. Can't wait to see one of them in a few minutes...
7 comments:
i've been thinking about her all day.
will be praying for the next couple days as I remember how critical they are.
hang in there.
We have been thinking about you all day and as each hour has passed wondered how things have been going. I am sure your feelings and emotions are close to the surface too - You have our sincere prayers and thoughts over the next few days! Love you lots!
Glad to hear everything went smoothly today, and especially that Natalie was so cooperative this morning. I'm sure that helped keep you calm from the beginning. We pray that Natalie continues to do well as she recovers from the surgery. We are thinking of you all and appreciate the news!
I just wanted to let you know that you have lots of little-guy prayers headed your way from us. Reynolds said in his prayer, "bless that Natalie can have a good time." I didn't correct him...maybe she did have a good time sleeping in your arms right before the surgery? Thanks for keeping us updated.
wow, 8 hours of waiting! Glad it passed quickly. Cute little Natalie, glad you were able to hold her in your arms asleep and she was happy. That is truly a blessing!
Here's a Dr. Hunterism for you. "Hang in there champ!" Thanks for the frequent updates. Surgery is done. Le's hope this is the last! Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!
Oh! Bless your hearts!! I'm glad things have gone smoothly. I hope Natalie's recovery will be quick. We've been praying for you. -And still will. I hope all will keep going smoothly. Hugs and love from us!
Post a Comment