Sunday, April 12, 2009

Photo Bonanza

This is what I'm talkin' about!Three sisters happy to be together again.Natalie has been treated like royalty since she's been home.Happy Easter!
I was so excited to get matching dresses for all three girls. I really had to coax Katie into wearing hers this morning but only Annabelle was willing to pose for a picture. Natalie's is a 6-12 month size(smallest available) so she won't wear it until this summer. I really really really really want to get a picture of the three of them in this dress but I have a feeling it may be a hopeless dream. Now I know how my Mom felt when we would roll our eyes every time she wanted a picture of all of us kids together.
Ben did the egg dying with the girls this year. He told me later that they wanted to do more than what he had boiled so he just used raw eggs. (!)Egg Hunting
Ouch! No, Katie didn't get attacked by a swarm of bees. She just seems to have a thing with putting adhesives on her face. See here for more.
All set for a family walk. Annabelle wanted to make sure her baby doll was toasty warm too. This is Dr. Mitchell who performed Natalie's surgery. Colleen on the left is his nurse practitioner. They both took such good care of us. They were concerned with how we were doing as a family and definitely saw Natalie as more than just another bladder to operate on. We feel very blessed that Dr. Mitchell is so accessible to us. He specializes in bladder exstrophy and has probably done more closures than anyone else in the country. Some of the nurses told me that people have come from as far away as India and Europe to see him. Until three years ago he was located in Seattle but now is just a few hours drive away in Milwaukee. We may have made the trek to see him anyway but this certainly made things much easier all around.When they said Natalie would have a "special carseat" while in her cast I was picturing something much more unique and different looking. I guess I thought she would be laying down flat instead of propped up like this.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Fun pictures, Amy! Thanks for all of them!!! Thanks for keeping us updated all along - I am with Becky, in that I will miss not hearing each day how things are going. It has been nice to know how everyone and everything is going. I hope things at home are good for the next two weeks with a child in a cast. Love you lots!! :)

Keele Family said...

We're so glad that you made it home safe and sound and that things went well with Natalie's surgery. Please holler if there is anything we can do to help out . . . even if you just need a few hours to nap and need someone to watch the girls, just call!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I love that she put band-aids everywhere! I remember doing that when I was a kid. Though I don't think I put them on my face. Too cute!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

yay for lots of pictures (especially the carseat). What a tender mercy that the doctor relocated so close to you! I love Natalie in the princess tiara.

Laura said...

That picture of you with your big girls made me want to just cry with joy for you! Welcome home, home, home! :) I'm glad to hear that the surgery seems to be a success. That carseat contraption looks awful!

Rachael M said...

How wonderful that Natalie was able to have such a fantastic medical team taking care of her!!! And of course, it should be noted that she also has such great parents and sisters to care for her every day!

Glad to see all the sweet and happy pictures. BTW, we had the same crib-side aquarium for W, which he LOVED. I recently got it out of storage for the NEW baby, but W very quickly confiscated it and insists he will NOT be sharing it with his baby brother.... Oy vay.