Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"May I take your order?"

After dinner tonight I went to the grocery store. On the way I made a quick trip to the drive-thru. (jr. cheeseburger deluxe & jr. frosty--$2.01, first window please.)Yes, I had just eaten but the lean meat and little pile of veggies just didn't cut it. I was starving. This was more than a "i'll-grab-a-treat-at-the-store" or "i'll-have-a-bowl-of-cereal-when-i-get-home" kind of hungry. This was "i-need-a-hunk-of-meat-right-now-or-i-might-perish" kind of hungry. I guess it must be the fact that I'm still eating for two because I pretty much feel hungry all the time. I don't remember feeling this way when I was nursing my other babies. I get tired of nibbling on crackers that don't satisfy. It's not like I'm trying to hold back. I try to avoid junk but I'm happy to eat as much good food as I need to to keep baby and mommy healthy but it's impractical to have roast and potatoes at 10:00 in the morning even though I feel like I could eat a horse by then. So I rummage through the cupboards trying not to notice the Easter candy and usually end up making a peanut butter sandwich. I tried to load up on good snacks at the store tonight so we'll see if they do the trick. If not I can always make another emergency run to the drive-thru. I knew they were open 24 hours for a reason.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Maybe you're pregnant again;)

Emily said...

That is so funny Amy!! :) I am glad you have 24 hour drive-thrus close by!

Amy said...

ha ha, Alice! funny joke coming from a pregnant lady :)

Linley said...

You probably don't want to hear this, but I always feel the same way when I'm nursing, much more so than when I'm pregnant. You know, you could always move to WL, everything closes down at 9:00 and if you're hungry past then, you're out of luck! I've had to make due with the bowl of cereal many a night because it's just too far to drive to the next town for a hamburger. Oh, and BTW I had fun yesterday!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I like meat, too. I'll do that sometimes when I'm all alone, too. Do you know what I am currently loving? The generic uncrustables--frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. A great, hearty snack to have on hand at home. I got tator tots in the drive through today--yum yum!

Sara said...

: )!! You're so funny!! I'm siding with Alice!! : )