I didn't really need this bag although I've gotten good use out of it already. I didn't really have time to make this bag. There were lots of other more pressing things on my to-do list. It's definitely not perfect. I'm still very much a beginner. But sometimes you just gotta give in to that creative energy inside that's bursting to make something.
I love love love the way President Uchtdorf described this last year. He put into words what I have always felt but didn't know how to express.
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before."
Click here for the entire talk. It's really good. Then get out there and create something!
6 comments:
When you started talking about giving in to the creative energy inside I totally thought of Elder Uchtdorf's talk, and then you mentioned it. I love your bag.
It's always disturbing to find amazing moms who also sew. I don't know why this is a huge stumbling block for me, but I instantly feel inadequate. hehe. Your bag is awesome!!
I am impressed Amy. Cute work! Do you have a pattern??? I would love to try to make one if you did.
cute! I love that quote too. I'm always wishing I had more bags. Maybe I'll have to try making one!
I checked a book out from the library that had several cute patterns. This was the most basic one to get you started. The book was:
The New Handmade: Simple Sewing for Contemporary Style by Cassie Barden.
My desire to create does not include fabric, but its true. I love to create through photography and baking! I wish I cared more about sewing. Cute bag!
Post a Comment