Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Walk

I'm officially done with winter.  I can't take it anymore.    Today I threw caution to the wind and threw my kids into the wind along with it.  I loaded up both of them into the stroller and headed out.
 Yes, there are two of them in there. 
Natalie's not exactly on Annabelle's lap but I did have to stagger them a little to get them to fit.  I'm pretty sure it's not designed to hold a 4 year old and a 2 year old but we made it work. 
We walked to the post office to mail a package.  It was almost 2.5 miles round trip.  The whole thing took us a little less than an hour including mailing time.  I've never been able to consider going for a walk as a real work-out but this one sure wore me out.  By the end, my arms were killing me.  I guess my fleshy little flabs aren't used to pushing 50 pounds all around town.
True, they got a little cranky when the cold wind was in their face.  Annabelle happily accepted the hat and mittens I brought along that she initially refused when we were loading up in the garage.  During the very cold parts I tried to get them to pretend that we were taking a walk in the freezer and to think of all the things we might pass. 
Oh look, there's a bag of frozen peas. 
They didn't think it was very amusing.  Thankfully, most of our trip was out of the wind so they stayed nice and toasty bundled in the stoller.
We had fun pointing out dogs, birds, trucks, trees etc.  Annabelle wanted me to tell her a story along the way so I told her about 3 sister bears who sneaked out of bed in the morning to make breakfast for Mama and Papa Bear.  We'll see in the morning if it works. 
All in all the fresh air was most rejuvinating and we had a fabulous time.
It is now time for me to put my jell-o arms to bed.
Good night.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Funny! :) Good for you for going for a cold walk too! I am glad they were both good enough sports to sit together in the stroller too. :) Did you get a nice breakfast the next morning??? :)

J said...

I have done that with my kids...more than once. It is painful to be locked indoors for too long a period. Good for you.

Alice said...

Way to not give in to weather. I'm sorry, I wish we could share our nice weather with you!

Rachael M said...

This cracked me up. :)