Thursday, January 10, 2008

"I Wanna Talk About Me"

Do you know that Toby Keith song? I recently downloaded it...it makes me laugh. So my friend Rachael (not the same Rachel as in the previous post) tagged me with this blog entry.


A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:

i can't remember what I was doing yesterday let alone 10 years ago so I had to consult some old journals. Here are some entries from January 1998 (I was attending BYU at the time):

1. "We have a new roommate Kristen, she's really cool."
10 years later we four roommates are still good friends (Abbi, Amy, Hali, Kristen)



2. went out with friends for shakes; went to the movies; went to a dance



3. "I made a goal to get to bed early this semester."



4. "I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. playing the guitar and doing my cleaning check."

5. "Neil, Dave [his roommate] and I went running at 1:00 a.m."



This is fun, I'm going to keep going:



[1:00 a.m.] "Aaaaah! How come I am getting to bed so late?"



"Hali and I studied together on campus for a while." see, i DID study!



"I've been going to be so late."



"I went to Abbi's intermural basketball game and while I watched I dreamed of being an awesome ball player myself."



"Abbi and I pulled our mattresses into the LR and had a slumber party except I was so tired I fell asleep early."



[11:40 p.m.] "I can't believe I'm going to bed this early."



"We rented a piano the other night! It is such a distraction but I would much rather have that than a TV."



[12:20] "This is the earliest I've been in bed in a long time. Last night I was up until 3 a.m. Dad called me at 11:30 this morning and I was still asleep."


okay okay, i'll stop. it's just so much fun to look back on old journals. I'm still sometimes up at 3 a.m. but not by choice. (Actually, Annabelle is finally sleeping for very long stretches at night...life is good.)


5 Things on my to-do list today
1. Laundry
2. Blog
3. sweep and mop the floors (i had to hurry and beat Annabelle before she picked up every minute particle on the floors)
4. reply to e-mails
5. put away a few piles of things hanging around the house



5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. dried mango
2. prunes (I'm serious on this one)
3. cereal
4. mini bagels w/ peanut butter
5. lunch meat wrapped around a piece of string cheese



5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire
Well of course there are the practical things like paying off debt, saving and investing and all the charitable things that I would do but I'm going to the list the very extravagant, very impossible, very fun things:

1. Hire a chef.

2. have a private jet so i wouldn't have to deal with airports, airplane bathrooms, or sit with my knees up my nose because the person in front of me is reclining

3. have a villa in italy, a home in Southern Cali, a farmhouse in Iowa, and a beach cottage in Hawaii

4. Create floor plans and then build houses just to see how they work out in real life living. Either for me or other people to live in.

5. buy a small country (j/k, i couldn't think of anything else)


5 of my bad habits:
1. Spending too much time blogging and reading blogs

2. eating popcorn and hot tamales almost every night--my husband would be appalled to find I put this under bad habits :)

3. being a distracted driver (cell phone, eating, fielding back seat issues)

4. hmmm...that must be all my bad habits

5.



5 places I have lived:
1. Iowa
2. Italy
3. Illinois (I sense an "I" theme going on here)
4. Utah
5. Michigan


5 Jobs I’ve had
okay, so I've had probably close to 20 jobs in my life but here are 5
1. newspaper route
2. security guard
3. receptionist (several different places)
4. McDonalds (this was my first "real" job)
5. chocolate factory (I always have to throw this one in because it's just quirky but yes, Hali and I worked through a temp agency and got a job at a chocolate factory for a few days. I remember they let us have samples...mmmm. They had everything including chocolate covered potato chips).


5 Things people probably don’t know about me
1. I must sleep with the ceiling fan on. I've tried to break myself of this habit several times but after laying there for a long time I finally just get up and turn it on.

2. I must keep my finger nails short. I can't standing having long nails. Once in college I got a free manicure and then came home and chopped off all my nails. My roommate Abbi was in shock that I could do such a thing.

3. I must have a glass of juice first thing in the morning. If there is no juice in the fridge I get cranky.

4. I'm afraid of heights...when I'm up high my feet start to itch.

5. I have a slight obsession with the number eleven.

OK I tag my two sisters that blog: Megan and Becky

2 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thanks for not tagging me...I have intentions to follow through with those things, but don't.

i love that pict of the 4 of us, and wow, i was cool from the beginning, huh? we REALLY need a get together, the 4 of us!

Rachael M said...

Thanks for "accepting" my tag. This was really fun to read.

I see now why you look so fabulous post-babies. You have much healthier habits than I do!