And the after: What do you think?
I'm still fiddling with the layout of everything. This is just what I put together this afternoon with what I had around the house. Can you tell me what works and what doesn't? I'm burned out and tired of looking at it. I know the binders on the bottom aren't the most attractive but 1. the fabric didn't reach all the way to the bottom so they hide that 2. Annabelle has spent the last several weeks pulling these binders off the shelf and has finally gotten tired of it. If I put something different there she will be pulling it off all the time 3. This is a bookcase and has to have some functionality.
It was really easy to put the fabric up. The shelves are removable so I just cut two strips and used two thumb tacks on each side at the top. Nice that I can easily pull it down if I decide I don't like it and still use it for pillows.
So what's your vote? Keep it or scrap it?
7 comments:
I think the fabric on the bookcase gives it character and makes it stand out. You are too creative! I like it. :)
Cool fabric. I think you should paint the shelf though. No offense but that wood looks like it's from 1982. Strip it down or prime it and paint one of the colors from the fabric, like the green or blue. Or even that mustardy yellow. That's what I would do. It could be fun!
I really like what you've done with it. My Ben saw it and said, "Oh you ladies, always have a project up your sleeve!" I think the dark tan in the fabric brings out the wood color. I suppose you could paint it, but the paint may chip every time Annabelle pulls out those binders or move things around. You could bring out the color of the fabric with some frosty green ivy on one of the shelves.
oooh, I love painting wood, too. The fabric looks cool, but i agree with alice on the painting the wood thing. You just gotta be careful not to let the shelves get cluttered or the pattern will be overwhelming. I like the fabric!
ok, here is another thought that may take time, but switching the binders to all black or even all white, or just 1 color. I'm doing that with my scrapbooks...little by little converting them all over to black leather 3 ring binders so that i can eventually have them all on a shelf in sequential order and they can look nice.
I think it looks great! Maybe if you painted the book shelf like a country blue or the same blue as in the fabric, that would look nice. But I think the fabric looks great!
Mom DeVocht says to keep it. It adds texture and color.
Post a Comment