Yes, I agree it would look awesome painted. The problem is that parts of the shelf just have a laminate cover so I don't think that's an option.
Changing all the binders is also a good idea to help clean it up a bit.
I have to say that I think it looks better in person than in the picture. It's more subdued and not as busy looking...the flash makes the fabric seem more prominent than it is.
The rest of the room is partially decorated...kind of hodge podge here and there. I'm trying to pull it together. That's why I wanted to spiffy up this bookcase.
I think my final conclusion is that I will take down the fabric and use it for pillows and put all these books back on the shelf since they have no where to go and well, it is a bookshelf.
I will definitely save this idea for the future. Katie has a bookshelf in her room that I could do this with (different fabric of course). Only problem is that the shelves aren't removeable so I'd be trying to cut exact sized pieces.
This was a fun (and super easy, and super reversible) project to try. Thanks for all the feedback!
1 comment:
I still think it's cool fabric!
Post a Comment