Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"You're Gonna Miss This"

I heard this song by Trace Adkins for the first time today as I was driving to Wal-Mart after dinner. I needed to get a few things but mostly I needed a little quiet time to myself. It wasn't a particularly hard day with the girls but little ones can wear you out and I needed a break. This song was just what I needed to hear after a day of multiple dirty diapers, flying food, and shrieking competitions. I need to enjoy where I am in life because when the day comes that I have all the "me-time" I want and the house is quiet I will surely miss the hugs and kisses, pony tails, tickles and giggles, sweet little voices, curious questions, and all the innocence and fun of childhood.

I was going to just post the music video from YouTube but I was so inspired by the song that I spent the last two hours putting together a slide show of what I'm going to miss someday. Enjoy:

Let me know if you have problems viewing the video. If the file is too large I can try to compress it.

7 comments:

Alice said...

You older daughter is so beautiful! She is going to be a knockout when she's older. Watch out!

Emily said...

Amy that was a great slide show! I haven't heard that song yet. Thanks for sharing!

Zaugg family said...

Thank you for the reminder. It is hard to believe sometimes, but I WILL miss having four little girls at the dinner table all trying to tell me something at the same time. I need to enjoy it more! It is great that you take so many pictures.

Rachael M said...

That was so beautiful and touching! And what photogenic girls you all are!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that was fantastic....it stinks stinks stinks that no matter how much we TRY to absorb it all in...love 'em up...."be" present, we'll still miss it....painful to think about, isn't it? i loved seeing all your picts, too.

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful!

Unknown said...

Amy! I loved your video! It was adorable. And I must add that I LOVE Trace Adkins! I saw him at the Grand Ole Opry. Such talent.

Thanks for sharing those pictures.
Your daughters are beautiful!