Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Home Again

We're home again. Thank heavens. Neither of us slept well at all in the hospital last night. They actually wanted to keep her another night but I talked them out of it. Yes, I know. Just call me Super Mommy. They were going to switch her to oral antibiotics today and observe her for 24 hours before sending her home to make sure her fever didn't go back up. There is no way we were going to sit in the hospital 2 miles from our home when she wasn't hooked up to anything just so the nurses could take her temperature every 4 hours. I promised I would take it often and call if it got too high. The doctor was a little reluctant but he could see my point so he let us go on condition that we come back for an appointment in the clinic tomorrow. No problem. I can handle that.


It actually was a good experience here at our little local hospital and I would totally do it again rather than driving all the way up to the big University hospital if all she needs is an IV. I thought it was pretty funny that last night there were only 8 patients in the whole hospital (not counting the OB section).

Besides being close to home here are some perks of staying local:

* they brought me a free (well, is anything really free in a hospital) parents tray for every meal.

* there was a hospital bed for me to sleep in versus those lumpy bumpy pull out chairs.

* getting processed in and out was much quicker.

* there was much less traffic in and out of the room.

* I didn't have to drive an hour each way

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hooray, that must feel great to be home! And way to go with telling the doctor what you wanted, you are a Super Mommy!

Emily said...

Go super mom!! :) I am glad you are all home.

Linley said...

So happy to read your post. Thanks for the update. We missed you Tuesday.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

yay, congrats! way to fight for yourself and baby!