Natalie is back in the hospital with another UTI. Have you ever seen the movie Groundhog Day? This is starting to feel a bit like that. Today she finished her antibiotics from her last UTI but then started running a high fever. They gave us the option of taking her up to the University hospital where she has received all her care or admitting her here at our small town hospital. My only reservation about staying local was getting the IV in since she's traditionally had a hard time with that. My gut feeling was to go ahead and stay local and it has turned out great so far. Before I made the decision I called to see if she would have a private room here which was a yes. I took her into the local clinic here around 4:00 and then they walked us upstairs to be admitted. It was so simple and easy. It seems like when we go to the University we see a million people and answer a zillion questions and it takes FOREVER to go through the admissions process. This was a total breeze in comparison. It reminded me of flying out of our little local airport versus a big hub somewhere. It may not have all the frills and ammenities but it is quiet, uncrowded and very low key. I'm not sure why but they called in an anesthesiologist to do the IV. When he got it in on the first poke I was ready to cry with relief. I had been very wound up and stressed about that part since it has been such a problem in the past. Ben and the girls came over around 7:00 to the hospital. Ben stayed with Natalie while I brought the girls home and put them to bed. I've been taking care of a few things and then I'll switch with Ben for the night. This is SO nice to be close enough to swap easily like this for a couple hours. Natalie will be in the hospital for at least 48 hours. My best guess is she comes home sometime Thursday.
No Internet in the room this time but I'm okay with that since I will have a chance to leave every now and then.
Good night.
5 comments:
Bummer!!! I'm so glad you got to stay local this time though--that sounds much less frustrating. That is great that your one concern turned out to be alright also with such a good anesthesiologist. I'll try giving you a call tomorrow to see if you feel like talking.
AW STINK! This kid has see the hospital too many times.
Darn it! I am sorry, but glad you can stay at a local hospital. Are you wondering why she has another one with all you are doing or if they will ever stop?? I am sorry.
I am sorry to hear that Amy but I will keep Natalie and the rest of the family in my prayers. I love you Amy!
wow, i'm behind....how nice to stay local and what a relief that the IV went in with 1 poke!
Post a Comment