Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally, we wrap things up from the first day of school a week ago:

So far, I think Annabelle likes having the house to herself while Katie is at school. She gets free reign of the toys and more of Mom's undivided attention.The school is only a couple of blocks away and Katie wanted to walk so I went with her on her first day. Since then, Ben drops her off on his way to work.She looks a little nervous in this picture but there were no tears and no hesitation. Katie has been very excited to start school.After school she was so excited to show us her projects and tell us all the fun things she did. This has definitely been much less emotional than I had anticipated. Even though it does tug at the heart strings to think of my little girl all grown up and going to school, it's the right thing at the right time and I'm excited for her. She loves it and I love to see her learning and growing and having such a good time. She has already made new friends even if she can't remember all of their names yet. :) I do miss her during the day but with two other little ones to keep me busy the days go quickly and before I know it it's time to pick her up. We made it through the first week and I'm hoping the rest of the year goes just as smoothly.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so happy that Katie likes school. I hope she will enjoy her new chapter in her life.

Emily said...

It looks like she had a fun day. Her classroom looks friendly and fun too. She looks happy and I too hope the rest of the year goes well for her! :) Any homework yet!? :)

J said...

I love her backpack. I am glad she is handling school well.