Friday, August 28, 2009

First Annual Back to School Cake

I saw this cake on a friend's blog a couple months ago and thought it would be perfect to make for a back to school celebration. We had it the night before Katie's first day of school and I think we will make it a yearly tradition. It looks like a regular white cake on the outside, but......surprise!Here's a picture of all the layers before I finished frosting it...kinda fun! My friend's blog is private but you can see the original recipe that she used from another blog, here. Thanks for the idea, Kristen!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wow Amy that cake sure does look good. I just might have to make it.

Emily said...

That is AWESOME!! I am very proud of you for trying it! I honestly do not know if I would have been brave enough. Did it taste good??? What did Katie and Annabelle think of it? Very Very creative! :)

J said...

Oh wow, that is amazing.

Kristy said...

That cake looks amazing! Sorry we missed you guys while we were out there but I'm glad Katie's first week of school went well. We'll have to hook up when Daniel and Becky move out this way - fingers crossed!

The Toy Guru said...

AMAZING!! I want one of those!!