Natalie did great for the procedure. As usual she couldn't have anything to eat after 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday. I set my alarm so I could make sure and feed her at the last possible moment. We had to be to the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and they didn't take her back to the OR until after 7:30 but she did great. She fell asleep in Ben's arms for most of that time. It was a little rough for her coming out of the anesthesia but they say that is totally normal. I don't like hearing that pitiful little cry that says, "i feel so funny and i don't know what's going on." The nurses kept describing it as hangover. This is her 5th time having general anesthesia and she'll be 7 months next week. Yikes. What a trooper.
Most of the time I have been by myself with Natalie at appointments or in the hospital. It usually works out best for Ben and me to split up that way and he is either at work or watching the other two girls. It was REALLY nice to be together for this trip and to have him in on all the conversations with the doctor and to be there to help with Natalie and just to be together.
We had originally planned on the whole family going and making a mini vacation out of it but when the doc decided to do the cystoscopy we figured it wouldn't work out as well. So we dropped Katie and Annabelle off at my parents Tuesday morning and picked them up Wednesday evening. They were very excited to go and had a great time. In fact, Tuesday morning I heard someone come in our room so I opened one eye and looked at the clock.
6:04 a.m. There was Katie, dressed, with her backpack on, suitcase in hand. She had made her bed and everything. She was ready to go to Grandma's.
These are the only pictures I got on my little camera. Not the greatest but at least it's a visual.

4 comments:
I am so glad everything is going well with Natalie, you and the family. I am sure you are excited to have the Jensens coming on friday. Ciao for now.
what a cute little sign. you will now be the expert on urology and be able to help someone, someday:)
Cute photos! Aren't those teeny little baby hospital gowns almost cute!? I mean, they would be cuter if no little ones ever had to wear them, but I have always thought they were sweet in their own little way. I am glad you feel informed and that the doc thought she was doing well. I hope you have smooth running time for a while now! Love you!
Thanks for the update--that's great that everything went so well in Wisconsin. We keep praying that Natalie will be safe from infections and hope things do get better. And that is HILARIOUS that Katie was ready to go so early. I would have loved to see a picture of that :)
Post a Comment