Monday, February 09, 2009

Comic Relief


I've run across a few funny things over the last couple of days and I realized that I really haven't laughed much the last few weeks. Here are couple of funnies from Reader's Digest that I enjoyed:



What do they call 100 John Deeres circling a McDonald's in Iowa?


Prom night.

**********************************


"Hello, Mrs. Miller," said the bearded guy behind the counter of the bagel shop.

My husband and I looked at him but drew complete blanks. "I'm sorry, do we know each other?" I asked.

"Yeah, you was my English teacher."

Leaning over, my husband whispered, "Good job, honey. Good job."

2 comments:

Rachael M said...

I especially like the second story.

The first one reminds me of a scene I saw last Sat. night. We were driving home from my Mom's and stopped in this dinky IL town at a truck stop. I saw some cars full of teenagers parked at the very edge of the parking lot and two jumped out of different cars and were talking. Having lived in some larger and "rougher" cities, my immediate thought was, "Are they buying/selling drugs?!?!" Then I looked around again, and realized, there's probably NOWHERE ELSE to go on a Saturday night. They're just "cruising" and meeting up with their friends!!!

Anonymous said...

: D ---Cute jokes!!