Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tuesday 2/3 Last Night

Well, my friends. The time has come. Tomorrow we put on our ruby red slippers, do a couple of heel clicks and head to home sweet home. I am too tired to act giddy but if I could, I would dance a jig.

We spent the whole day getting discharge things in order. Natalie's carseat is waiting in her room. I've made a couple trips to the car with some of my things leaving one small load for the morning. I've been signing things and talking to people all day and I think our ducks are all in a row. There are a couple of very last minute things to do tomorrow and then as soon as the doctors do rounds and give us the OK we are outta here!!

Tonight when the nurse was helping me get Natalie's carseat adjusted we unplugged the last of her monitors to sit her in it. I took the opportunity to walk around the room with her completely freeeee!! How nice to be unleashed and be able to go more than a foot or two from her bed. The nurse started chatting with me and I admit I tried to keep her talking a long time so I could keep holding Natalie before we had to plug her back in for just a few more hours.

My sister Nancy and "adopted" sisters Lina and Elizabeth brought me dinner tonight. Gnocchi with chicken and nummy sauce--scrumptious! We sat around and talked and laughed. A good way to spend my last evening here.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yippee! I am sure it feels like a new found freedom and sense of excitement to just go back home with your new baby and little family! I hope you all settle in and everything is well! Love you!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

yay, unplugged!!! so happy you get to cuddle, you are so sneaky to keep that nurse talking:)