This past week Katie's pre-school class visited Ben's office for a field trip. (February is dental health month). I was hoping to go with them but we had one very cranky almost two-year-old at home who's nap would not wait. Katie stayed at Ben's office after the field trip and hung out watching the Music Man on his computer while the ladies that work there kept bringing her treats as she sat and colored on post-its. "I had 2 cookies mom!" Sounds like a rough afternoon.
When I came to pick her up after Annabelle's nap I brought McDonald's since we had forgotten to give Katie lunch before she left and Annabelle really hadn't eaten much all day either. I'm a good Mom. Fast Food = Protein. I love how relaxed everything is around here now. I'm sure my girls do too. You want to watch another show? You want to take snacks downstairs? You want another treat? You want to print something off the computer? You want to get another tub of toys out without cleaning up the first one? You want to take the car for a spin? Don't forget to fill up with gas. Pretty much the answer to everything is "sure" if it means keeping them occupied and quiet, especially if they ask while I'm half asleep or mostly asleep or wishing I was asleep which is most of the time.
8 comments:
Amy: what a absolutely precious picture series. It made my whole day to see little Natalie's inquisitive and attentive expression. Thanks for sharing.
At first I could only see Annabelle in Natalie but that last one of her totally looks like Katie, especially in the mouth. So cute!!
How precious! Such beautiful children!
Hi Amy and family! It is Kristy - Becky's sister-in-law. Olivia says hello Katie! Becky gave me your blog because we heard about little Natalie and have been hoping and praying for her and your family ever since. I am so happy to read that she is home and working on doing all those wonderful newborn things now! She is just adorable! Congratulations on your beautiful new addition (I also LOVE the name choice). I have especially thought of you after going through our own journey after our oldest was born with a birth defect. Send me an email at kpier01@hotmail.com and I will link you with my blog when you get a chance (hahaha! I know how precious TIME is so whenever!) Take care and enjoy your sweet girls.
Too, too cute! I'm inspired, I've never thought to use my boppy that way, for tummy time. Wes get so upset and always smashes his face on the floor. So good to catch up with you guys this way.
OH!! The pictures are SO sweet!! Annabelle's is such a thoughtful sweetheart and Natalie looks like an ANGEL!! I love those bright eyes!!
The last picture of Natalie is precious! She is beautiful. Congratulations on making it through these tough weeks! You are amazing to me.
So glad to see Natalie is home and doing well. I love the last picture here...so adorable :)
Post a Comment