Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday 2/2

so tired but quick update. it's been a big couple of days for us.

highlights:

*tubes and wires are coming out all over the place.
PICC line is gone from her head, she is off the morphine drip and takes it by mouth every few hours.I don't htink she's uncomfortable they just don't want her to go through withdrawal.

feeding tube is out. she's breastfeeding great on her own.

* biggest news is that they took off her cast today!!!!!
Oh my heavens i cannot tell you how good it felt to hold her. The not-so-good news is that they took it off because the pelvis bones opened back up so there was no reason to have the cast. I know in the long run that is not what we want but in the short term i am LOVING having my soft snuggly baby back.

We are making leaps and bounds towards coming home. I still don't want to speculate on a specific day but very very soon. I know we may have to go through all this again if they decide to try the surgery at 6 months but for now all I can think about is getting home with Natalie and ENJOYING her without any wires and beeps and monitors and pokes.

She got her first bath tonight. She cried through part of it but also seemed to enjoy some of it. It felt great to get her all clean.

She's 3 weeks old today.

i'm off to get a few snoozes.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hooray Amy! I'm sure it felt great to hold Natalie without that bulky cast. We are praying that she'll be able to go home with you this week and are glad things are progressing that way. 3 weeks old, wow!

Linley said...

Oh Amy, mixed bag. I want to say Yay, so I will, YAY for soft babies! Yay for breastfeeding! Yay for going home soon!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I'm so excited she gets to go home!