we made it home this afternoon.
this is becoming all too routine.
we go back monday for the outpatient scoping of her bladder.
they are thinking that she's not draining everything correctly and thus the infections. they said that it's not uncommon for people to get bacteria in their bladders, they just usually end up peeing it out. But if she's not getting all the pee out all the time it's like a stagnant puddle that lets the bacteria grow, get it?
so, they are thinking that we may end up needing to catheterize her a few times throughout the day to make sure everything drains. i'm a little nervous about learning how to do that but i'm sure it will become no-big-deal very quickly. we'll see for sure on Monday if that's the plan.
i was able to take K&A out for a snowcone and a trip to the park this evening while Ben stayed home with a napping Natalie. My Mom brought the two girls back to us along with dinner for tonight. Thanks, Mom! Don't know how we'd get through all this without you.
"Patient endurance is to be distinguished from merely being 'acted upon.' Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance; it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is to 'act for ourselves' by magnifying what is allotted to us."
(Elder Neal A. Maxwell)
thanks Julienne for pointing me to that talk!
4 comments:
nurse Amy to the rescue!!!
You are a trooper Amy!
i'll be anxious to hear about the plans for her...and maybe someday you will be teaching me all your tricks.
praying for you all.
I have not been good to comment this week even though I have taken advantage and loved reading your posts! I am glad that things went well (well? you know what I mean) this week. I am glad you have found yourself able to speak up for Natalie - that can be hard and sometimes uncomfortable. I am proud of you! :) I am glad you are back home again too. I sure find myself thinking about you a lot! Love you! Em
Post a Comment