I left some notes and little gifts for Ben to give to the girls each day while I'm gone. Annabelle loves "Mo-Mo" (Elmo) and she loves talking on the phone so I was happy to find a little Elmo cell phone for her. Katie has asked me a couple of times for those dip stick snacks but I've never gotten them before. It was actually kind of fun to get some junk food and toys that I always say no to. My way of trying to compensate for not being there.

Ben told me that Katie was soooo excited to get this princess set. She said stuff like, "I just can't believe it," "I finally got my crown," "It's so beautiful," "I saw this at the store, but Mom said we can't always get everything." Those were the two biggest gifts. I left other snacks and small things along with some notes.

The sharing of the. donut. I talked to Katie on the phone today and she told me "the plan." (We are always talking about what the plan is.) After they cleaned up the toys downstairs they were going to go to the gas station and get a chocolate donut with sprinkles. I made a deal with Katie that if she sent me a picture of her with the donut I'd send her a picture of me and Natalie. I'm not sure I've ever bought a donut from a gas station in my life but it's something fun that Ben has done with the girls every now and then.
Let's blow this joint.
I was going to try to do another post on Natalie but I'm too tired. I will tell you that I finally got a smile and she finally got a bow. I will post a picture tomorrow. Everything is going well so there's not much to report anyway.
5 comments:
Seeing those pictures makes me miss your girls too! We're one month closer to August though now. That's so cute how excited Katie was about the princess jewelry, and I especially like the quote about finally getting her crown.
What a sweet little family and cute girls! I am glad everything is going well.
Now I understand Katie's beautiful dangling earings she wore to confrence today. I didn't see the crown though. I wonder if that was a compromise, Ben?
katie wore her earrings to church? that's hilarious! ben didn't tell me that. I'm still waiting for an invite to your blog, linley.
I love the pictures!! That's a wonderful idea to leave little surprises and notes each day!! I love the pics of Natalie too!! She is so adorable!! We're still praying for her and you -and your sweet girls -and Ben. You're an amazing mom!!! Keep up your great work!!!
Post a Comment