Katie had to get a finger prick for lead testing before going to Kindergarten in the Fall. I have to say that she did awesome! The nurse asked if she wanted to sit on my lap or sit alone. She said, "Alone!" and hopped right up in the chair and laid her arm on the counter. She said "ouch" a couple times after the prick but then laughed about it. I was planning on taking her for icecream anyway but they gave her a coupon for a free one at McD's
(old McDonald as Katie calls it) so that worked out well. She was so excited about her "ticket" for icecream. Of course I couldn't let her eat alone so I got a cone also. It'd been a long time since I'd had one and I forgot how good they are....mmmmm.

There was a TV in the clinic waiting room with a kid's movie playing and Katie was more interested in that than talking to me. Then, there was another movie going in the playroom at McDonalds that she was glued to. I moved us to another table out of view so we could talk a little. I'm sure there are times that it's nice to have the distraction but it was annoying to be out and about trying to have some one on one time and still not be able to escape the TV.
3 comments:
I was wondering how I missed so many posts, then realized you did all of them today. I'd be annoyed by the TV as well. I don't think we have to test for lead for kinder here...
Yay for Katie!! Those pokes can be tough!! She's so brave. : ) It's great you guys got some one on one time after ward sans the TV. : )
Yay for Katie!! Those pokes can be tough!! She's so brave. : ) It's great you guys got some one on one time after ward sans the TV. : )
Post a Comment