If all goes well we should hopefully be coming home ... tomorrow!!
They were going to keep Natalie on the IV until tomorrow morning and then send us home Monday but the IV went bad today and they decided to just put her on oral meds now instead of trying to start another IV. They want to monitor her for a while to make sure she does okay (no return of fever and check her white blood cell count to make sure it's still going down). But there's really nothing else keeping us here now that she's off the IV. They want another ultrasound of her kidneys on Monday so I may have to come back up and do that as an outpatient. I'm going to ask if they can do that tomorrow but I don't know.
Ben, Katie and Annabelle came up today for a few hours. I took the girls (Ben stayed with Natalie) to my sister Nancy's place. She lives about 15 minutes from the hospital. I was able to shower and have lunch there and the girls had fun playing. It was sooo nice to be out of the hospital for a while.
Since Natalie is not hooked up to anything we can take her for a walk. She came down to the cafeteria with me tonight when I got dinner. It feels kind of weird to be here when she doesn't really seem sick and she's not hooked up to anything. I wish we could have come home today but things happen slowly and the hospital is not always quick let go once they have you.
5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about Natalie's hospital trip. I hope all goes well and she (and you) won't have to do them anymore! Bless your hearts!! --You're in our prayers.
I, too, hope there is good news for you today and that you get to go home. We have been thinking about you. and hope things get back to normal soon again. :)
That is sounding promising ... coming home sooner than planned. As much of a bummer as it is to be in the hospital still, I keep thinking how glad I am that it's not for a more serious reason, as I'm sure you are very aware of too. Natalie is in our prayers!!
That's also cool that you could go to Nancy's to shower and let the girls play. I'm glad our family is watching out for each other, that's what love is.
I am just now updating myself on your situation. I am sorry to hear that things aren't going well.
I love your list of things to be grateful for. You keep up that good attitude girl. I love ya!
Post a Comment