Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pre-school Graduation

One of the teachers played Pomp and Circumstance as the kids marched in.
At the spring program a couple weeks ago Katie was the only girl not in a dress. I didn't even think about having her dress up since it's just pre-school. I felt bad but I'm pretty sure she didn't even notice. If she would have noticed I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have cared. She was going to wear a stained t-shirt to the graduation but I was able to talk her into a dress.My Mom came down to see Katie's little graduation program.


Here they are after receiving their diplomas.
The teachers told them it was "scoot and shoot" time. They all needed to scoot together and hold still so the parents could shoot pictures. The pre-school is held in a church and the program was in the chapel, thus the cross in the background.Mrs. Nelson and Mrs. Storr are both wonderful teachers. Katie had such a fun year and is really going to miss them.
When I told her that the last day of pre-school was coming up she was excited because she thought she would start Kindergarten the very next day. She was disappointed to learn that there would be a long summer with no school. I made these dolls as end-of-the-year gifts for her teachers.
You can't see very well in this picture but that's Humpty Dumpty on doll on the left. Apples, numbers, and letters on the doll on the right.Backside.

The pre-school is right behind our neigborhood. It takes about the same amount of time to walk as to drive--2 minutes. My Mom walked home with the Katie and Annabelle while Ben and I drove with Natalie. On to Kindergarten in the Fall!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah for Katie! :) Looks like a fun time at school. Glad your Mom could come too.

Sara said...

Wow!! Congratulations to Katie!!! : ) It looks like she had great teachers, and a great time!!! : ) --I love how it takes just 2 minutes to get there!! -- The picture of your mom and girls walking home looks so serene and beautiful!! Someday I'd like to crash your town and come visit!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

nice that it is so close! i love the dolls, what a cute idea!

Becky said...

It's funny how excited I'M getting for Katie to go to kindergarten this fall, I can't imagine how she feels.

Jones Crew said...

COngrats Katie! Love reading your blog and seeing what you are all up to. So glad to hear that your Natalie is doing so well!!!

Kristy said...

Those dolls are so darling and katie is so big now! She will have so much fun in kindergarten next year.