I've always tried to have a variety of toys for the girls and so amidst the baby dolls and kitchen gear we have dinosaurs, a tool set, trucks and cars etc. They like to play with those things but they are definitely drawn more to domestics and pretty things. They are fascinated with playing house and cooking and taking care of babies. They both have gone through the phase of asking to wear a dress to dance in. Even though I have 3 girls, I've never been one to push the whole princess/ballerina thing. I'm not opposed to it at all. I'm just indifferent about it so it took a while for Katie to get introduced to it. She was probably at least 4 before she caught on to the idea. At 2 years old, Annabelle is already hooked.While I hope my girls will never feel limited to "girl" things only, it makes me happy to see them nurturing babies and "practicing" being a Mom. I hope they will someday feel the same joy of motherhood that they bring to me every day.


Thanks to Aunt Emily B. for the tutu and Aunt Jenny for the Barbie dance mat and video.
3 comments:
Too cute - what a cute little girl!!
Funny how girls really are drawn to the girly things than boys.
I love the video!! : ) And that tutu is GREAT!! : ) --I've been amazed at how James and Ashley tend to go for little boy toys (for James) and little girl things for Ashley, too.
Post a Comment