Saturday, January 03, 2009

The hole

A couple weeks ago we had some unseasonably warm weather which brought rain. The rain melted our entire back yard of snow and ice. I really don't understand how this could happen but somehow in all the runoff we were left with this 3 foot hole next to our house. So far we haven't noticed any water damage inside. I guess I don't understand where all the dirt went. It's a flat surface so it's not like it just washed away.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Holy Cow!! What have you decided what caused it? Weird.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, that is a big hole

Keele Family said...

That's insane! The joys of home-ownership. :)

J said...

Random. I bet some little critter got in there and made his home and then got washed out. JK. Stuff like that makes me crazy.