Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday 1/27 Quick Update

Too tired to give much detail.
Overall positive with the surgery.
Stressful afterwards because she was crying and upset and wouldn't calm down. I didn't know if she was in pain or mad or what. It just isn't natural for a mom to not be able to pick up her crying baby. I felt really helpless. She finally fell asleep. I thought she was going to be sedated and on a respirator but she's on an epidural instead.
She and I should both be able to get some good sleep tonight. I'll share more details tomorrow.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Poor little sweetheart. Poor mother too. I hope you both do get a good night sleep. That always seems to help even if in a tiny way. Sweet Dreams! Love you!

Becky said...

We put Natalie's name on the Provo Temple prayer roll, and have kept her in our prayers along with everyone else. You're going to make it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy thanks for the updates. I check it first thing every morning. I have not called because I now how tired you must be. You and little Natalie are in our prayers. We will be going to the temple on the 7th and we will put her name on the prayer roll. Stayed as rested as you can. Love you.

Kevin, Stephanie, Sade and Madilyn

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. Your heart must ache to comfort her!! You and she are still in our prayers. I hope you both will get plenty of peaceful rest!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Agh, I agree, how agonizing to not be able to pick her up when she cries!