Ben and the girls came up to the hospital again today. It's actually a little stressful having them here. We were trying to talk to the doctors during rounds and Katie kept pulling on me telling me how hungry she was and Annabelle kept trying to push buttons on all the machines. More than once Ben has carried Annabelle screaming out of the NICU. We left the hospital to go have lunch together and we both agreed that this would probably be the girls' last visit until Natalie comes home. They actually enjoy seeing her but the room is small and they are pretty much done after a few minutes.
Sounds like I should be able to hold/feed Natalie on Monday and hopefully she'll come home a couple days after that. Today I fed her a little bit of milk in a syringe as she was sucking on my finger and she was getting fed through the feeding tube. That way she could suck and taste as her tummy was filling up.
I'm going to stay for her 4:00 feeding and then head back home for the night. I'm really looking forward to going to church tomorrow and then I'll come back up to stay until Natalie comes home in a few days.
2 comments:
Glad you got to go to church, hope it was a good rest of the weekend
Having kids tug on you and "inform" you of things while you're trying to have an important conversation is the pits. : ) Sounds like Natalie is on her way with eating and tasting!
Post a Comment