Oh heavens, I am so tired with the beginnings of a doozy headache coming on. Definitely time for bed.
It felt good to go to church today. Even though I spent the majority of sacrament meeting in the Relief Society room with Annabelle throwing a tantrum on the floor, I still felt rejuvinated. Thank goodness she loves nursery. We've got such a great ward family. Everyone has been so good to us.
I came back up to the hospital this afternoon. Ben took Katie and Annabelle up to my parents this evening where they will stay for a couple of nights since Ben will be working. Katie definitely gets what's going on and seems to be handling it very well. It's a little harder for Annabelle but she loves being at Grandma's house and she's got Katie around too so hopefully she'll hang in there through all this.
My sister and cohorts who live in North Liberty came to visit at the hospital this evening. It was great to have them here. When I shift into "hospital mode" I sometimes forget about the outside world and it was nice to chat about normal stuff and to "share" Natalie with them. She's two weeks old tomorrow and I feel like we haven't really celebrated her arrival. I guess it won't feel like we really have her until she is home with us so we're just waiting, waiting, waiting...
Natalie has been asleep the whole time I've been here today. They told me she was wide awake for about 3 hours earlier so I guess she's just catching up from that. Even though she was sleeping she would sometimes stir and flutter her eyes and streeeeeeetch. She must really be tired of laying there (8 days and counting) because she stretched her arm waaaaay up above her head and she would stretch her neck and shoulders. She was definitely moving around a lot more on her own than I've seen before.
I thought I was going to be able to pick her up tomorrow but it seems that some of her stitches have started to pull open so that may be delayed. We'll see in the morning. I guess she was crying pretty good at one point and the strain from her tummy muscles caused the stitches to pull. Just think of all the PATIENCE we are learning from this.
I told Natalie's nurse to call me in the night if she gets fussy so I can help calm her down. She said she would use her best judgement because she wanted me to be able to get some sleep. They are sending one of these nurses home with us, right?
7 comments:
Again, thank you for all the updates Amy. We are very interested in knowing how Natalie, and YOU, are doing through all of this. And the pictures are great! Katie looks so much older with her very long hair. I sure miss you guys!
Amy, you are amazing! You've been through so much! I'm so glad Natalie is starting to be awake more. How wonderful it must be to hold her while she's gazing up at you. I can't imagine how it would feel to be in an-almost-full body cast. 8 days is a long while. What fun it must be to see her stretch! She's seems SO patient!!
Poor, sweet Natalie!! It's time to go home!! I hope you get to hold her soon, Amy. You are definitely developing some impressive patience muscles. :)
Fun pictures of the girls. :) I hope this week will run smoothly for you and for the girls. We are thinking about you!
Thank heaven for compassionate nurses. I'm glad you are being taken care of by them, as well as little Natalie. Which sister is it that's living in North Liberty?
WOW!! I have enjoyed reading all of your updates and thoughts as you speak from your heart. Thank you for sharing this experience with the rest of us. In a few months, these long days of driving back and forth to the hospital will just feel like a dream. All our love to you and the family!!
aw, poor baby and her stitches. thanks for the continued updates.
Post a Comment