Monday, January 19, 2009

Photo Update

Okay, here are a bunch of recent photos in totally random order.
Katie made these notes for Natalie while she was hanging out in her hospital room last week.
This was the little transport bed that they used to take Natalie to the OR. I called it her space shuttle since it did say VOYAGER on it and it looks so high tech.
There's nothing like holding a sleeping baby.

The nurses put her in a blue and yellow outfit--go figure. I had a pink one that I brought to the hospital so we changed her into that instead. Anyway, love that little tongue.

This was our favorite nurse, Erin. She was AWESOME! She was on for three days in a row with Natalie and was the one who took her down to the OR. Besides taking great care of Natalie she was there to give me a hug a couple of times when the tears came spilling out and she was always willing to answer all our questions. One time she asked us how we were holding up and as I begin to ramble on about something about Natalie she said, "No, how are you doing?" And what a co-winky-dink, she's from Muscatine!

Helping Daddy make Sunday evening brownies.
Caught with contraband! She's not supposed to have her binky unless she's on her bed and that is Katie's special jewelry box that she knows she's not supposed to play with.
Both girls got a kick out of combing Natalie's hair. We had to remind Annabelle to be "gentle!!" or else Natalie was in danger of an eye gouging.

Meeting Grandpa D.
Meeting one of her Auntie Emily's. (both Ben and I have a sister named Emily)

Meeting Grandma D.

I love how she's looking at me here.

Sisters holding hands...I love it.

Helping with French Toast.

Annabelle loves to sit and the piano and "play" while I sing. She even recognizes the pictures for specific songs and turns to those pages.

And with that I feel totally up to date and purged of all the recent happenings. Are you tired of me saying that word yet? :)

3 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i love all the pictures! i also love the tongue picture:) she has a beautiful face.

Becky said...

Hooray for all the pictures! Despite all the stress and trauma you've been through, you certainly look like a very happy and proud mother, as you should. We like the purging so don't feel like you have to hold back. It's great to feel close when we are so far.

Laurie said...

Cute, cute pics! It's so fun to see your parents again!